Thursday, August 28, 2014

And Another One Bites the Dust.

I cannot believe it is August 28th! September is almost here, and school has been in session for a few weeks now. Boy, the time has flown by! Here at Victory we have had the wonderful opportunity to serve campers and summer staff and it has been an incredible blessing. I even had an opportunity to spend time with family this past spring/summer!





When May rolled around we went into crunch mode with finalizing things for summer camp and getting our summer staff slots filled up. When orientation hit we were greeted by SNOW! Yes, it snowed during orientation week, in JUNE! Only in Alaska. :)




I had the wonderful opportunity to run the registration team this past summer again, and it was a blessing. Week 6 of summer camp came and they needed me to fill in as Ranch director for a week. I accepted this excitedly! It was the busiest, most challenging, and most fun weeks I had this summer! I got to spend time with the campers and get to know the staff more on a one on one basis.











When Summer Camp came to close, I felt so blessed that God had given me one more summer to really love on staff and get to serve them. These young adults quit their jobs, leave their homes, and put their vacation aside in order to spend the summer serving God at this camp. Being a part of summer staff is draining emotionally, physically, and spiritually. But when we're at our end is when God can really use us. AND HE DOES! What a blessing it is to have that comfort in Him. I am honored to have the opportunity to watch him work.







As soon as our summer camp program ended, conference season fired up! We had guests and work teams on the grounds every day the entire month of August. It's such a blessing to be so busy! Even though the staff are tired and ready for a break, God continues to give us the ability to persevere. And next week we will be able to rest.




Looking ahead into the fall and winter, things are looking different for me! Our Guest Services Director has left Victory and I am now working with another human trying to connect with groups and continue planning retreats. It has been a learning process but it has been wonderful! I am excited to see what God will do here this coming year and how he will use the missionaries here at Victory to further His kingdom. We are all striving to give all of the glory and honor to Christ in all we do here at Victory. It has been a blessing to serve here and I look forward to continuing on this path.




I thank everyone for their continued prayers and support! God bless. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment