Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Everything rides on Hope now.

Well, a lot sure has changed in my life within the past few days! Just as I was finally getting back in the swing of things, going back to work after my accident, there was a another twist in the lives of my family. I got a call on Sunday afternoon that my Great Grandma was placed in hospice, she didn't have much longer to live. Although we all knew this day had to come eventually, the terror of not being able to see my Great Grandma one last time haunted me. With the help of some wonderful friends and family, I booked a flight and left later that evening.

The flights were absolutely horrible! To make a very long story short, I was supposed to get in at 11:40am on Monday morning and I didn't land in Grand Rapids until 6:00pm Monday evening. I was tired, sore, nauseous, and of course emotional.

When I was finally able to see my Great Grandma, she didn't remember me.. How do you handle a situation like that? When a lady you've known your entire life, a woman that has been there for you through everything, doesn't even know your own name?

"Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds. Because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."

-James 1:2-3

Although I was not thrilled with my current circumstances I know that GOD IS IN IT! He had this all planned out from before time was even created. I've been reading a lot about Job, what a beautiful testimony he has! Trial after trial, he stayed faithful in Christ. As long as I have my faith in my God, then I can handle anything thrown at me. 

"We have this hope, it anchors the soul. Firm and secure."

-Hebrews 6:19










I've been listening to Addison Road all morning, praying that God will give me the strength to continue to be strong in Him through all of the struggles of life! He is my guidance, my protector, my strength, my stability, my everything. I will trust in Him through all things! 



If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours
I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life

When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm
I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
You've become my hearts desire
I will sing Your praises higher
Cause Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free

No comments:

Post a Comment